Leo Whitefang is a character introduced in the console version of Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-.
Leo is one of the three “Allied Kings” of the Allied Kingdom of Illyria. He shared a friendly rival’s relationship with Ky Kiske, whom he was once good friends with during the Crusade Era. His battle capabilities and leadership are said to be so outstanding that, one time, while facing the dangers of being annihilated in the battlefront, he managed to lead his unit back to safety. Due to his disorderly way of speaking, he might seem like an open-hearted man, but he’s actually rather conservative. He has a high self-esteem and hates losing, in addition to having a strong hate of teleportation attacks like Bedman's. He is also a hard worker who will always give what he is doing his all, and despite any negative qualities, he does care for his men's safety, and knows of the concept of kids 'just being kids', as in the case of May.
He also seems to fear his older sister, referring to her as a Devil in his dictionary.
One third of the triumvirate ruling Illyria. He's an old acquaintance of Ky's from the Crusades, during which they became friends and rivals. Once faced with the threat of annihilation on the frontlines, he proved his combat and leadership skills by leading his unit to survival. His raucous tone may give the impression that he lacks guile, but he's actually very discrete. He's proud and a sore loser, but he's also a hard worker, always willing to put in a little more effort. He created his very own dictionary, and privately enjoys adding people and incidents to the definitions of existing words. (For example, his sister's name is recorded under "devil.")
He had a discussion with Dr. Paradigm, and the President discuss about a sudden attack of Justice's Gears after Ramlethal Valentine has been apprehended, then hires Johnny for a special job against Senato and Bedman, during an trap plan against Justice.
After the plan fail as That Man is captured by Bedman, then Justice, Senato and their goons are appeared. Leo, Ky and Sin are defending the castle while Dr. Paradigm and Dizzy try to boost up their magic to eliminate Justice (controlled by Chronus). When Sin and Ky are split from Leo, Elphelt arrive to assist Leo. However, Leo witnesses Elphelt's fighting capacity reaches too much limits if she keeps fighting more, as she begans to lost memories and turned into a killing machine, set up by an unknown villain whom hired Bedman, leading Leo lost contact with his allies and tried to defend himself from a mindless Elphelt.
In a final chapter, Leo signals his allies about Elphelt's current states.
Command List Edit
Main article: Leo Whitefang's Command List
References and AllusionsEdit
- Leo's name and surname are a reference to Danish/American band White Lion.
- Unsurprisingly, Leo's motif is based on the lion, known as a symbol of strength, pride and courage, as well as a symbol of royalty, things Leo is known for.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Stolz - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
See: Leo Whitefang Quotes
- Leo's nickname for Ky Kiske is Bambino, which is italian for baby. In fact, he claims his dictionary has a picture of Ky next to Problem Child's entry.
- Leo's English voice actor, Jamieson Price, also voiced Raven in Guilty Gear 2: Overture. He also provides the voice for Iron Tager in English in Arc System Works' BlazBlue series.
- His voice actor combination is also the very same as the portrayal of the historical figure Lu Bu in Koei Tecmo's Dynasty Warriors series as of their fifth installment.
- All of Leo's moves and his theme/leitmotif are written in German.