|Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-|
ギルティギア イグザード サイン
Giruti Gia Iguzādo Sain
Arc System Works Team Red
Sega (Arcade ver.)
2D weapon based fighting
Single player, Multiplayer
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- is an upcoming title in development announced at the 2013 Arc System Works Festival. It is the first Guilty Gear fighting game that uses cel-shaded 3D animations instead of sprites; as such, the characters undergo some changes in design. Daisuke Ishiwatari confirmed that the characters, effects, and backgrounds are all rendered in full 3D. The game is built on the Unreal 3 Engine and runs on Sega's RingEdge 2 Multi (ALL Net P-ras MULTI) arcade hardware. The game is set for a PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 release in December 4th in Japan, while a US release is set for December 16th.
In the year 1999, mankind completed the scientific theory of limitless energy, dubbed magic. However, man did not discard his ignorance upon obtaining this wisdom. The very magic meant to usher in world peace was instead leveraged as a tool of war, and in time the forbidden biological weapons known as Gears were created. As if to condemn these thoughtless deeds, the Gears developed a will of their own and turned their fangs upon humanity.
The Crusades, a centuries-long struggle for survival against the Gears, finally ended when mankind sealed away the Destroyer, Justice. Though man emerged victorious, many threats yet loom large in the shadows of that hard-fought peace, threatening to engulf the world.
And so mankind must continue to atone for the sin of magic.
A young woman identifying herself as Ramletherl Valentine declares war upon the entire world and all its inhabitants.
There was not a single individual, organization, or country that took this as a laughing matter. This was on account of the prior Baptism 13 Incident, during which the United Kingdoms of Illyria were invaded, for the herald of that onslaught had also referred to herself as Valentine.
Now, in order to ascertain the truth of these events, the world takes action.
Returning Playable Characters
- Sol Badguy
- Ky Kiske
- Millia Rage
- Chipp Zanuff
- Axl Low
- Sin Kiske (Console Exclusive)
New Playable Characters
- Ramlethal Valentine (Boss in Arcade Mode)
- Elphelt (Console Exclusive DLC, also appears on Story Mode)
- Leo Whitefang (Console Exclusive DLC, also appears on Story Mode)
Limited EditionAksys Games and Arc System Works announced a Limited Edition for the both the Japanese and NA versions of Xrd for pre-order. It will be $69.99 for the PS3 version and $79.99 for the PS4 version. It will contain:
- The game itself.
- “The Backyard” – The outer box for the Limited Edition features a replica of “The Backyard” complete with gears and high-quality binding. Dare to open the book to uncover all the goodies!
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Vocal Collection – Featuring 10 vocal-tracks, the Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Vocal Collection is filled with the hard rocking tunes that the series is known for, arranged by Guilty Gear series creator, Daisuke Ishiwatari, himself!
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Codex – What limited edition is without its art book? The Character Book features a profile for each character from Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, as well as those from Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus and Guilty Gear 2 Overture, and a glossary of terms; a complete character history for those who have some catching up to do!
- Sol Badguy “Free” Keychain – Inscribed with the word “FREE,” this metal keychain is a scaled replica of the original belt buckle worn by Sol! Add it to your keys to show off something truly unique!
Xrd features original themes for each characters, including new themes for new character.
|Junk Yard Dog||Sol Badguy's Theme|
|Ride the Fire||Sol's Dragon Install Theme|
|Magnolia Ecliar||Ky Kiske's Theme|
|The Lily of Steel||Millia Rage's Theme|
|Black Blank Blah-Blah-Blah||Zato-1's Theme|
|Starry Story||May's Theme|
|Flash Hider||Chipp Zanuff's Theme|
|Call Shot||Venom's Theme|
|A Slow Walker||Axl Low's Theme|
|Dirty Drive||I-No's Theme|
|Destructive Goodwill||Faust's Theme|
|Does the Sheep Count the Sheep?||Bedman's Theme|
|Diva of Despair||Ramlethal Valentine's Theme|
|Just Do It||Sin Kiske's Theme|
|Marionette||Elphelt Valentine's Theme|
|Stolz||Leo Whitefang's Theme|
|Reunion||Sol vs. Ky Theme|
|The Spider's Thread (Do You Know?)||Millia vs. Zato Theme|
|When Life Comes||vs. Assassin Theme|
|Bump||vs. Same Character Theme|
TGS 2014 Trailer: 
To be released.
- Most Guilty Gear entries use variations of theme songs established in Guilty Gear X for characters; X itself is an exception by introducing new themes for some characters over Guilty Gear. Isuka is a major exception with completely new themes, and Xrd is similar to it with new theme songs for nearly all returning characters.
- Unlike other main current Arc System Works games like Blazblue and Persona Arena, the story mode has no 2D fighting game style mode, due to likely controversy on Sol's costume changed in that mode than the playable one.