Guilty Gear XX Slash (ギルティギア イグゼクス スラッシュ, Giruti Gia Iguzekusu Surasshu) is the second update to Guilty Gear XX after #Reload and the 8th installment of the Guilty Gear series.
Released only in Japan, Slash is a revision that is more pronounced than the previous ones involving their rebalances:
- Sol, Anji, Johnny, Axl, Bridget, Slayer, Faust, I-No, Jam, Potemkin, Robo-Ky and Ky receive new moves and altered move properties (such as new inputs for existing moves and new functions added to certain attacks)
- New stage renditions, as well as two new stages for the latest characters.
- A.B.A. from Guilty Gear Isuka is added with overhauled gameplay.
- New character Holy Order-Sol is added (Sol Badguy from the past during his time in the Holy Order, all while utilizing the original Charge System mechanic of the first Guilty Gear game).
- New HUD that uses story mode portraits since Guilty Gear XX, and a new burst gauge.
- Console version offers the option to change the BGM track during Vs. mode matches.
- Anji Mito
- Axl Low
- Chipp Zanuff
- Jam Kuradoberi
- Kliff Undersn
- Ky Kiske
- Millia Rage
- Sol Badguy