Very few people know anything about Bedman’s personality as he sleeps more or less all the time. It is only within the dream world does his true self manifest itself in any fashion.
Bedman is hyper-intelligent with a vocabulary that daunts even the most well-educated. He excels at identifying his opponents’ weaknesses and breaking their spirit by uncovering painful truths they try to hide even from themselves. Incredibly proud, Bedman’s condescending attitude keeps him from befriending most people, although given his absolute contempt for others, is probably for the best. For Bedman, the only thing that matters to him is achieving his goals.
A boy who has slept through the heinous remodeling of his rollaway bed. Everything about him, from his origin and goals to his affiliation, is completely shrouded in mystery. Endowed with tremendous combat power, he displays this aptitude in battle by luring opponents into nightmares of his own creation. The reason for his continued slumber remains unknown...
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Powers & Abilities
- Does the Sheep Count the Sheep? - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
"Do you know what the probability of an airship breaking under pressure is? I believe the probability is less than 0.00001%, but does that mean it can’t happen? In the end, half of us live, and half of us die…"
References and Allusions
- Bedman's name is an allusion to Bedemon, an offshoot of the American heavy metal band Pentagram.
- Bedman's abilty to attack people in their dreams, along with his movie theater motif, make him a reference to horror movie icon Freddy Krueger, known for killing his victims through their nightmares.
- Bedman's stage "Nightmare Theater" can be a reference to the band Dream Theater .
- In his fight with Gabriel on Zepp in Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, Bedman woke up.
- When Bedman's own instant kill is used on himself, he recites the formula of π.